Thursday, October 2, 2008

What is my profession?

I don't have just one hat. I am a piano teacher, a piano entertainer, an actor, a web site developer and a writer and I make money from it all.

I used to work a 9-5 job and it sucked the life right out of me. I think because of the person that I am, I was never meant to work for someone else. I have the kinda brain that has ideas percolating off of it all the time. I can not tell you how many business I have started in my life time. Even while I was working a full time job.

Back when I was around 27, I started a business called Dear John. I would personally deliver black roses and a poem to whoever you wanted to break up with. I even got a full page article in the newspaper and on the local news, but no business.

In my 30's I had a full time civil servant job and I was an apartment manager and handywoman.

In my early 40's, I was still working as a civil servant and I began crafting and then created my own website and had my own 800 number.

In my mid 40's, I began selling on eBay and even did a couple of commercials for one of their affiliates.

In my late 40's, I began teaching piano. This was something I had always wanted to do, but I never thought I could make a living out of teaching piano. I found out I was wrong. Once I started canvassing for students, it became to snowball. I ended up having more than I knew what to do with. All of it came very easy and I began to wonder if I could do what I felt I was destined to do every since I was 10 years old; become a piano entertainer. Happily, that took off, too.

So, I was working in the afternoons and playing the piano occasionally in the evenings and weekends but I still had time in the mornings, so I decided to write about the piano and found a website that would pay me for them, eHow.com.

A year later, I have written 300 articles and have a constant passive income from eHow.

This blog is going to be about all that happens to me as I balance my destiny.

No comments: