Saturday, October 18, 2008

Still HoT

We had a little reprieve in the weather last week and now it's back and strong as ever. The Santa Ana winds came through the back yard and picked up our canopy and tossed it upside down in the back yard while I was giving a piano less. Stupid thing! That canopy has seen more air time, than a WWII plane. We tied it down, used bungee cords, screws, bolts, and rebar, this last time and it still managed to break free by cracking the fence in two places where it was screwed in.

Things have been very quiet with the neighbors. They have not looked over or called the cops on our canopy. Believe me, a few months ago they would have been taking pictures and calling in the police and city over the airborne canopy. Now, nothing. Our neighbors across the street said that the bad neighbors came over and offered them some wood to burn in their outdoor fire. Last time they spoke was over a year ago.

On to another topic. I saw my first mule deer on a cliff on my walk this week with Tara. The mule deer was not spooked at all and was very close, if you call 30 feet above me close. I have my new smanzy, danzy picture telephone and did I think of taking a picture? No. I got to step up to the 21st century for crying out loud.

I bought me a cute t-shirt at a craft fair last Friday. It is 3 champagne glasses that are lined up and each one has less champagne in it and the shirts says, "Going, Going, Gone." I guess I should take a picture and post it, huh? Anyway, I think it was adorable. I am going to wear it one evening in Santa Monica at the eHow conference while drinking a cup of tea probably. The craft fair was loaded with little handmade crafty decorations for the upcoming holidays, but I just don't need that stuff. Cute to look at, but just don't need it one more handmade wooden ghost.

I came to a realization one day. You have Halloween decorations, you put them up for about 2 weeks, then into a box for 11 1/2 months. Now is that crazy or what! I don't think I need another ghost or scarecrow to put up. I have put up some handmade ghosts in my front yard, though. Here's a great howto on how to make them for yourself. I especially like my idea of the ruffled pink tablecloth for the little girl ghost instead of a standard white sheet.

But, the Santa Ana wind had it's way with them, too, just like the canopy, so my duty, when it cools off around this stifling hot town, is to go put them back on their stands. Right now they are puddled on the ground like a ghost massacre.

I am off to water and try to save some trees before the weather kills them for good.

Talk to you soon!

No comments: